Who is Jenn Brandel?
Jenn Brandel has worked extensively for public and private organizations and now provides individual, couples and group psychotherapy as well as serving as a trainer and consultant to organizations, corporations and community groups. Recognized as a leader in her field, she has made numerous media appearances, locally and internationally, including the Boston Neighborhood News, Fox 25 News, WBZ-AM 1030 News Radio, and The Boston Herald, among others, and has been invited to speak at various conferences and events throughout New England.
Jenn works with individuals and groups around bridging transitions, fostering personal growth and developing compassionate responses and strategies to address life's challenges. In addition to providing support and encouragement, she will challenge you to think critically about the choices you are making and to work toward overcoming the obstacles that may be keeping you from achieving your goals.
As a consultant, Jenn can provide you or your organization or corporation with training, technical assistance, capacity-building, program development and evaluation, and clinical and administrative supervision.
Jenn's skills include...
- Providing effective psychotherapy to individuals, couples and groups using a variety of techniques and strategies
- Increasing capacity for acceptance and implementing strategies for more mindful living
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating programs
- Coalition building and facilitating collaborative relationships
- Completing community and organizational needs assessments
- Public speaking and media relations
- Writing, reviewing, editing and producing articles, newsletters and other publications
- Providing training and presentations on local, state and national levels
- Clinical supervision and consultation for mental health professionals
- Practice management consultation for clinicians in private practice
Jenn's experience includes...
Work as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in a variety of settings with organizations, individuals, couples, families, and groups of adults, adolescents, and children.
Specifically, past employment responsibilities have included:
- Overseeing a statewide sexually transmitted disease (STD) prevention initiative
- Directing and coordinating a citywide teen pregnancy prevention initiative
- Providing clinical services and management of a drop-in resource center for homeless youth, youth addicted to substances, commercial sex workers, and youth who are court-involved or incarcerated
- Providing educational and career counseling and training to high school students and out-of-school youth
- Providing support services to students in public schools who are pregnant and/or parenting to help them succeed academically and personally
- Working in the areas of domestic and dating violence, rape and sexual abuse, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender issues, health promotion, and HIV/AIDS prevention and services
- Providing crisis intervention, brief and long-term therapy and psycho-education to under-graduate and graduate students at local college
For more information or to set up an initial appointment, contact Jenn directly. Jenn is licensed in Massachusetts and New York.