When Rabbits Spill Their Tea: Metaphors to Guide Us Through Difficult Times
your friend's messy boundaries as a blender with the lid off
your heart like an overstuffed closet
your attention like a puppy on a leash.
Metaphors have the power to capture the complexity of our human experience and distill it down to simple, relatable images. This book offers examples of how metaphors can be effective tools for finding meaning and uncovering insights that help us gain clarity, direction, and a sense of peace. The format of this book is simple and, with breathtaking images to correspond with each metaphor, meditative. Simply flipping through the book, you are bound to find something that resonates, a reminder of how we're all in this together, and the comfort of knowing that through our challenges and pain, we can find wisdom and hope.
Now available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and at other online and independent bookstores.
My Crisis Plan: What I Need to Get Through the Darkness
My Crisis Plan is designed with basic prompts to help you collect the information you may need to know if you are in an emotional or mental health crisis. The format is simple and straightforward. Just skimming the questions in My Crisis Plan may help you reflect on and identify tools and strategies you have found useful in the past. You are strongly encouraged to take the time to write out your crisis plan—to answer as many questions and list as many resources in the spaces provided in the book as you can. This can be done on your own or with the help of a therapist, friend or family member. Your plan can be carried with you or scanned into an electronic version which can be stored on any smartphone or computer.
A paperback version with more extensive grounding tools and resources is available for purchase on Amazon. 100% of all profits from the sale of this book will go to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
Free Assessment Tools
To help you get a sense of some of the tools Jenn has developed to help clients examine and impact issues in their lives, she is offering these free downloads. All documents are PDF.
- "How is Depression Impacting Your Relationship?" A self-assessment tool to help you identify ways in which your relationship may be suffering as a result of depression.
- "How You Like It" A guide to talking candidly about sexuality and sexual preferences with your partner(s).
- "Parenting Inventory" A two-step self-assessment to help you see your own parenting attitudes and practices from a fresh perspective.
- "The Disaster Scenario" A self-assessment tool for managing anxiety.
- "How Connected are You?" A self-questionnaire to help you assess social behaviors that can contribute to depression.
- "I have OCD. Here’s how I’m dealing with coronavirus fears."
- Vox. March 2020.
- "Hi, Family. Let Me Tell You About My Mental Illness."
- Elemental/Medium. November 2019.
- "We Can Learn to See Through 'Deepfake' Video Hoaxes"
- OneZero/Medium. February 2019.
- "Kanye West and the damaging way we talk about celebrities and mental health"
- Vox. October 2018.
- "You Would Never Know That I Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder"
- Self. November 2017.